"sexual abuse custody" into the CanLII database and was astounded to see 4402 results. This posting is going to be a work in progress but I am going to take some snips here and there of some interesting subsections in various cases as I come across them.
For some reason, case law is like my new way of relaxing, odd I know. Hell, we all have hobbies right?
If You Expose a Child to Abuse Allegations They Might Believe It
Case: J.T. v. S.C., 2007 CanLII 13370 (ON S.C.)
I might be a bit naive but I found section [11] interesting:
[11] The Applicant submits that the compelling reasons indicating the necessity of a change in the custodial arrangement, was the fact that Ms. S.C. had reported allegations that the Applicant had sexually abused the children to the Department de Protection de la Jeunesse (“D.P.J.”) and had enrolled the children in a counselling program for children to deal with issues of sexual abuse. The Applicant only became aware that these allegations had been made against her when she read the assessment report. The assessor and the D.P.J. both concluded that the allegations of sexual abuse were unfounded, however the Applicant and the assessor are concerned that Ms. S.C. is in the process of alienating the children from the Applicant and that enrolling the children in a counselling program to deal with issues of sexual abuse will create a false belief in the minds of the children that they have in fact been sexually abused by the Applicant.
They mixed the wording up a bit, the Ms.C is the respondent and the Applicant is the father. Anyways, I found it interesting that by alienating them from their father and then enrolling them in sexual abuse councelling, could actually create a false belief that they had suffered some abuse. So isn't making kids believe in something terrible and tragic (and untrue) a form of child abuse?
No comments:
Post a Comment